Snowshoes allow you to wander easily through deep snow and enjoy the winter landscape. Join our guide on a round trip on top of mount Hanguren, just outside the groomed pistes of Voss Resort. Stepping off the chairlift, we find ourselves within reach of some really lovely mountain terrain with an excellent view of the area.
This trip is a good way for you to get a real winter experience without using skis. This is a non-technical and family-friendly experience in the snow. If you are the playful type, you’ll cherish the opportunity to play around in the snow, dig a cave, slide down small cliffs, climb trees or follow grouse tracks. During a typical day out, your guide will make sure you learn basic skills for safe travel in winter, introduce you to both nature and local culture and make sure you feel comfortable at all times.
Meet your guide outside the ticket office at Voss Resort in the morning. Your guide will help you gear up with proper clothes and snowshoeing equipment. We use the chair lift to reach the starting point of our snowshoeing trip, at the very top of mount Hanguren. The weather can be windy up here, so you’ll soon appreciate the extra layers of clothing.
At our lunch spot for the day, we build a bonfire and enjoy hot drinks and a bite to eat. We use the heat of the flames to prepare our meal. Here’s an opportunity for you to learn what it takes to make a bonfire of your own. If the weather is bad, we’ll all join forces and build an improvised shelter to keep us dry and out of the wind. You'll find that the time spent around the bonfire provides a good opportunity for contemplation and leaving the civilised world behind for a few moments.
We return to the ski resort and use the chair lift to get back down. An exhilirating experience in itself! Return your equipment and use a free bus service to get back to Voss station.
Season and availability
Trips are run daily as long as the lifts in Voss Resort are open. The 2020 season starts on 13 December 2019 and ends on 20 April 2020.
Please meet outside the ticket office at Voss Resort Bavallen 10.15 a.m. A free bus shuttle to Voss Resort departs Voss railway station every morning at 9.10 a.m or at 10 a.m. The Voss Resort shuttle bus corresponds with trains arriving from Bergen.
We return to Voss train station by the free bus shuttle at 2 p.m, 3 p.m or 4 p.m.
You are free to use your own clothes, as long as it is considered adequate by your guide prior to departure.
This is a non-technical and family-friendly experience in the snow. This trip is suitable for healthy people who would like to spend some time out in the snow. This trip takes you through mountain terrain, where the weather could get cold and windy. No prior hiking experience is needed. The return ride on the chair lift could feel stressful if you are afraid of heights.
Clothing and equipment
Please wear warm clothes on this trip, such as:
Please also bring a small rucksack (20 litres), sunglasses (in spring), a water bottle and some snacks.
- Woolen thermals (long underwear).
- Warm woolen socks.
- Wind- and waterproof clothing (shell layer).
- Warm, waterproof winter boots.
- Beanie or knit cap.
- Gloves or mittens
A small rucksack, sunglasses, a water bottle and a snack is also useful.
Prices and terms
The price for adults is NOK 1490 per person. The price for children aged 8-14 is NOK 990 per person. Minimum age is 8 years old.
Group sizes: 1-10 participants. Groups of more than five earn a 20% group discount.
Included in the price:
Not included in the price:
- An experienced guide during your trip.
- A light meal of locally crafted food, including hot drinks – prepared on a bonfire.
- Snowshoes, ski poles, goggles.
- Unlimited access to warm clothing such as mittens, beanies, woolen sweaters, woolen socks, thermals.
- All necessary safety equipment.
- Lift tickets.
External transport services are not included, but can be arranged upon request. Additional costs will apply.
By booking this trip, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed with our Terms of service and Risk and liability statement.
Note on responsible travel and sustainability
Wild Voss make a continuous effort in reducing the ecological impact of our trips and activities. We aim to follow the latest GSTC criteria for sustainable travel. As a participant on one of our trips, you should know the following:
- We follow the Leave No Trace principles.
- We make use of zero-emission infrastructure whenever possible.
- Our trips are on foot, skis or snowshoes, causing no emissions and limiting the impact on nature and eco systems.
- Our guide will share knowledge about local culture, sites we visit and local customs.
- We support responsible local businesses.
- Your guide will advocate low-impact travel and raise the participants’ awareness of local wildlife.
- We abide by laws and regulations concerning travel in free nature and cultural landscape.
- We seek to minimize waste, and choose products and packaging with long life spans.
For reservations, questions or inquiries
Please call Øystein on +47 93484041 or email us at email@example.com .